- Yadav, Lalu Prasad (born 1947) - Minister of Railways for India 2004-2009.
- Yakunin, Vladimir (born 1948) - Deputy Russian Transport Minister 2000-2003; Deputy Head of Russian Railways 2003-2005; president of Russian Railways 2005-present.
- Yarnall, F. C. - President of Lehigh & Lackawanna Railroad. (Official List 1888, p 111)
- Yates, A. G. - President of Silver Lake Railroad. President of Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh Railway. (Official List 1888, p 176; Pocket List 1907, p 227)
- Yeomans, James Dallas (1845-1906) - Began railroad career on the Erie Railroad 1862-1864; moved to Tennessee and worked on various railroads for the Union government during the Civil War; assistant superintendent for Buffalo, New York & Philadelphia Railway 1872-1873, superintendent of same in 1873; general superintendent of Olean, Bradford & Warren Railway; worked with railroad construction projects in New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan; commissioner for the Interstate Commerce Commission 1894-1905.
- Yerington, Henry Marvin (1829-1910) - President of Bodie & Benton Railway & Commercial Company; president and general superintendent of Carson & Colorado Railroad. (Poor's 1887, p 17; Official List 1888, pp 15 and 29)
- Yetter, Milton - President of Delaware Valley Railroad. (Pocket List 1907, p 303)
B. F. Yoakum
- Yoakum, B. F. - Chairman of Chicago & Alton Railroad. Chairman of the executive committee for Chicago & Eastern Illinois Railroad. Chairman of the executive committee for Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railway. (Pocket List 1907, pp 251, 253 and 277)
- Yocum, Fred - Chicago & North Western Railway. (Trains, June 1991, p 18)
- Young, Bennett H. - President of Kentucky & Indana Bridge Company; president of Southwestern Railroad of Kentucky. (Official List 1888, pp 107 and 180)
- Young, James H. - President of Brighthope Railway; president of Norfolk Southern Railroad. (Poor's 1887, p 19; Official List 1888, p 19; NY Times, May 22, 1918; Poor's 1917, p 124)
- Young, Jim - CEO of Union Pacific Railroad.
- Young, Robert Ralph (1897-1958) - Financier and controlling stockholder of New York Central Railroad. After suspending company dividents in 1958, Young comitted suicide.
Bookmark/Search this post with: