References used to compile the list of named steam locomotives of the United Kingdom include:
- Allan, Ian, compiler (March 1944). The ABC of Great Western Locomotives. London: McCorquodale and Co., Ltd.
- Allan, Ian and MacLeod, A. B., compilers (1943). The ABC of LMS Locomotives. London: McCorquodale and Co., Ltd.
- Allan, Ian, compiler (June 1945). The ABC of Southern Locomotives. London: Edwin Jones & Sons, Ltd.
- Nock, O.S. (1971). Railways in the Years of Pre-eminence: 1905-19. London: Blandford Press.
- White, John H., Jr (1973) American Single Locomotives and the "Pioneer". Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press. Smithsonian Studies in History and Technology, number 25.
- Volume 21, number 6, June 2007.
- Volume 22, number 11, November 2008.
- Volume 22, number 12, December 2008.
- The Railway Magazine
- "100 years since the end of the 'Owd Ratty'". Volume 154, issue 1,292. December 2008. pp 39-40.
Bookmark/Search this post with: